Kayak Trader aims to introduce and expand the sport of flat water kayaking to people all around the country. We hope that by providing a platform based on the common interest of paddling, we will be able to reach countless paddlers looking to explore the waters of the United States through canoeing and kayaking.
- The Kayak Trader Challenge is part of the Southeast Paddle Sport Championship Series
- There will be prizes awarded to each category 3 places deep.
- Registration will start at 8:30am at the Lanier Canoe Kayak Club
- 20K Races will begin at 9:30am
- Oktoberfest will begin after races
- Awards will be given out during the Oktoberfest
Race categories are based primarily on the sound rowers system of length and width ratio which is a very equitable method of grouping paddlers by boat type. You can learn more here and even look up your own make and model to find your category.
High Performance Kayaks/Open class – This is almost all 18+ ft long kayaks (depending on width) plus some shorter boats like ICF K1’s and wildwater kayaks.
Fast Sea Kayak class – Too long or too narrow (or both) to fit into sea kayak class. Too short or too wide for HPK.
Sea Kayak class – Starting at 14.1 feet in length up to approx. 16-17.5 ft in length depending on width.
Rec class – This is anything at 14 ft or less in length, period. No width data is needed.
Masters age group – Anyone 50 or over
SUP – Paddleboarders are classified by open or masters, no board lengths for series points. (Individual events may classify by board length at their discretion.)
Tandem – Any tandem canoe, kayak, or outrigger.